Midterm 2 Tutoring Sessions.
Book your sessions.
IR and H NMR
- How to read and extract information from IR spectra
- Apply 1H NMR concepts such as chemical shift, equivalence, integration and multiplicity to common midterm questions (this includes simple coupling-tree diagrams)
- How to distinguish molecules using 1H NMR
- Learn to draw 1H NMR spectra from a organic molecule
- A list of “1H NMR peak patterns” to help you identify structures!
- Learn a technique to putting fragments together for final compound identification (1H NMR)
- 1- hour worth of practice questions on IR and 1H NMR from past midterms and problem sets!
CHM2120/2520: IR and H NMR Spectroscopy
- E2 mechanism and which beta-Hydrogen to select (Hoffman vs. Zaitsev product)
- Projecting E2 reactions in their most stable conformation
- Differentiating between reactions: E2 vs. E1/SN1
- Solvents and rates for E2
- Simplifying the mechanism for oxidation of alcohol and knowing how to use the reagents appropriately
- Many examples from midterms/exams administered at uOttawa!
ABDULLAH AKBAR, PhD
Abdullah is a top-rated tutor with 7+ years of teaching experience.
As a recent PhD graduate from the University of Ottawa, he has worked along with many of the CHM 2120/2520 Professors. His lesson plans will always begin with must-know fundamental concepts and end with examples from previous midterms and final exam questions.
Recommended by 350+ uOttawa students. Join one of his review sessions and decide for yourself!