Practical Midterm Tutoring Session.
Book your session.
- Understand the concepts of TLC and extraction
- Guide you step-by-step to isolate and characterize an organic compound based on 2020 rubric and procedure!
- Using videos and diagrams, demonstrate how to set up and assemble equipment appropriately and efficiently
- Understand the practical aspects of extraction (i.e. know what solvent/solution to use)
- Learn to assemble a TLC station efficiently and analyze the results
- How to setup a melting point apparatus and how to record the proper melting point
- A review on IR and 1H NMR analysis for the Lab
Practical Midterm 1: Compound Isolation and Evaluation
- Get a better understanding of atomic and molecular orbitals (this includes drawing bonding, non-bonding and antibonding orbitals)
- Learn to draw resonance forms (and be able to identify major and minor structures)
- Comfortably switch between chairs, Newman projections, and line structures
- Stereochemistry of sp3 (R/S) and alkene (E/Z) structures
- Learn to become an expert with acid-base chemistry by understanding pKa and how to assess the strength of a lone pair
- Many examples from midterms/exams administered at uOttawa!
ABDULLAH AKBAR, PhD
Abdullah is a top-rated tutor with 7+ years of teaching experience.
As a recent PhD graduate from the University of Ottawa, he has worked along with many of the CHM 2123/2523 Professors. His lesson plans will always begin with must-know fundamental concepts and end with examples from previous midterms and final exam questions.
Recommended by 200+ uOttawa students. Join one of his review sessions and decide for yourself!