Midterm 1 Review Sessions.
Book your sessions.
for 3.5-Hours of Tutoring
Stoichiometry, Redox Chemistry
- Each student will receive a Midterms and Final Exams Package.
- This review session will be mainly focused on problem solving questions from the textbook, past midterms and final exams.
- Key topics: periodic table trends, limiting reagents, percent yield, dilutions, molarity, molality, left over reactants, stoichiometry, gas law, gas kinetics, Graham's Law, partial pressures, oxidation states, balancing redox reactions.
CHM1311/CHM1711: Stoichiometry, Redox Chemistry, Atoms and Light
- Understand composition of atoms and calculate atomic volume
- Apply the fundamentals of light equations to midterm-like problems
- Interpret/draw absorption and emission light spectra (i.e. energy-level diagrams)
- Calculate energies of electrons in hydrogen atoms
- Learn to identify and understand trends of the periodic table (i.e. electron affinity, atom radius and ionization energy)
- Understand the Born-Haber cycle to predict energy change of a reaction
- Get a clear understanding of atomic orbitals (s, p, d, f) and their respective structures
- Learn to use the periodic table to write simplified and expanded electron configurations
- Understand bonding and antibonding orbital and learn to identify/draw them
- Draw orbital energy diagrams
- Write out a description of size (s), shape (l) and orientation (ml) of an electron using quantum numbers
- Steps and technique will be explained for molecular shapes using VSEPR
- Many examples from midterms administered at uOttawa
ABDULLAH AKBAR, PhD
Abdullah is a top-rated tutor with 8+ years of teaching experience.
As a recent PhD graduate from the University of Ottawa, he has worked along with many of the CHM 1311/1711 Professors. His lesson plans will always begin with must-know fundamental concepts and end with examples from previous midterms and final exam questions.
Recommended by 350+ uOttawa students. Join one of his review sessions and decide for yourself!