- Define and understand where the ideal gas law comes from and when to use it!
- Solve simple & complex ideal gas law questions
- Use PV = nRT to solve for stoichiometric variables (i.e. density, molecular weight, applying limiting reagents to find maximum yield of gas etc.)
- Know when/how to use partial pressures
- Know when the non-ideal gas law will apply and the variables in the Van Der Waals equation
- Learn to qualitatively understand patterns at different conditions
- Be able to solve problems dealing with the kinetic molecular theory (KMT)
- Many examples from midterms administered at uOttawa!
September 30, 2020 5:00 PM – 8:30 PM, October 19, 2020 4:00 PM – 7:30 PM