Midterm and Exam Tutoring Sessions.
Book your sessions.
See Tutoring Session Details for lesson breakdown
« Seats are limited »
- Important periodic table trends, dipoles and molecular interaction
- Relating molecular interaction (i.e. hydrogen bonding, Van der Waals forces) to boiling point
- Get a better understanding of atomic and molecular orbitals (this includes drawing bonding, non-bonding and antibonding orbitals)
- Learn to draw chemical formulas using atomic orbitals (i.e. LCAO)
Newman Projections, Chairs
- Convert condensed chemical formulas into line structure
- Learn to rotate a sigma bond
- Learn to draw and convert between chair conformations
- Understand more favourable chair conformations via ring strain
- Comfortably switch between line structure and Newman projections
- Apply Newman projection structure to energy diagrams
- Stereochemistry of sp3 (R/S) and alkene (E/Z) structures
- Learn how to calculate optical activity and enantiomeric excess
ABDULLAH AKBAR, PhD
Abdullah is a top-rated tutor with 7+ years of teaching experience.
As a recent PhD graduate from the University of Ottawa, he has worked along with many of the CHM 1321/1721 Professors. His lesson plans will always begin with must-know fundamental concepts and end with examples from previous midterms and final exam questions.
Recommended by 200+ uOttawa students. Join one of his review sessions and decide for yourself!