Midterm 2 Tutoring Sessions.
Book your sessions.
(E1, E2 and E1cb)
- Review 1,2-shift and ring expansion (for E1 reactions)
- Review E1 mechanism and major products
- Review E2 mechanism
- Identifying major products for E2 mechanism
- Differentiate between a Hoffman and Zaitsev products
- Understand when to do E1cb reactions
- Drawing Newman projections/chairs for reactive conformation of E2 reactions
- Transition states and energy diagrams for E1, E2 and E1cb reactions
- Solvent affects on rate
IR and 1H NMR
- How to read and extract information from IR spectra
- Apply 1H NMR concepts such as chemical shift, equivalence, integration and multiplicity to common midterm questions (this includes simple coupling-tree diagrams)
- How to distinguish molecules using 1H NMR
- Learn to draw 1H NMR spectra from a organic molecule
- A list of “1H NMR peak patterns” to help you identify structures!
- Learn a technique to putting fragments together for final compound identification (1H NMR)
- 1- hour worth of practice questions on IR and 1H NMR from past midterms and problem sets!
- All students attending Review Session will receive "Midterm 1 Package" containing past uOttawa Professor midterms.
ABDULLAH AKBAR, PhD
Abdullah is a top-rated tutor with 7+ years of teaching experience.
As a recent PhD graduate from the University of Ottawa, he has worked along with many of the CHM 2120/2520 Professors. His lesson plans will always begin with must-know fundamental concepts and end with examples from previous midterms and final exam questions.
Recommended by 350+ uOttawa students. Join one of his review sessions and decide for yourself!