Review Session Details
- Identifying aromaticity of compound (i.e., aromatic, anti-aromatic and non-aromatic), huckles rules, ion stability
- General mechanism for electrophilic aromatic substitution (EAS) reactions including sigma-complex resonance
- Making super electrophiles: nitration, sulfonation, Friedel-Craft alkylation/acylation, halogenation
- Directing groups: electron withdrawing and donating groups (EDGs or EWGs)
- Activating groups: speed of reaction and reactivity of aromatic as nucleophiles
- Retroynthesis of EAS reactions,breaking down product to obtain starting material
- All students attending Review Session will receive "Midterm and Final Exam Package" containing past uOttawa Professor midterms and some finals!